Why Choose R.T. Moore for Your Career?
When you ask an R.T. Moore team member what they like about working here, you won’t normally hear them talking about our industry-leading salaries, 401K plans, or any other technical perk.
What you’re more likely to hear about are the joys of being a valued contributor, the opportunities to learn and grow, and the culture of our company.
Our goal is to have a sustainable company growth at an average of 15% annually.
R.T. Moore is a family-owned business that has been in the industry for over 60 years. Over 70% of our staff has been with the company for over 5 years…40% for over ten years! Stop by our office in Indianapolis, IN or Sarasota, FL and check out our employee tenure walls.
Opportunity for Advancement
- R.T. Moore is a progressive and growing company that attracts both experienced plumbing professionals, as well as motivated individuals who are seeking an opportunity that offers formal training and career advancement.
- One of our core values, “Share in company success”, supports promoting from within. We hire top talent to develop into future leaders of the company. We value and invest in mentoring, coaching and training to ensure growth within the company.
- Here at R.T. Moore, we have a customizable career path based on your hard work, commitment, strengths, and interests.
Training & Development
The vision of LAUNCH is to accelerate learning and skills to produce competent and capable plumbers who can thrive in RTMC’s piece rate system and culture. LAUNCH is intended to complement the state apprenticeship and licensing program. The LAUNCH training program is centered on a dedicated trainer who teaches the trainees how to install plumbing per RTMC Quality Standards. The program’s trainees are taught in a manner that allows them to be efficient and maximize their piece rate opportunities. Additionally, every aspect of a plumbing job has been broken down into individual modules that are trained and then certified. To earn certifications, the trainee not only has to complete the installation or activity per the RTMC Quality Standards but also has to do so in a set amount of time designated for that piece of installation of activity.
- LEAD Strong
We believe that developing and promoting leadership from within is our best path to increasing our depth of leadership. LEAD Strong is R.T. Moore’s own leadership training and development program that will help us grow our current and future leaders. LEAD Strong is an investment in our people so we can achieve our vision of healthy growth, being the best place to work, achieving budget percentages and ensuring company success for many generations to come.
- Indiana Apprenticeship Program
A plumbing apprentice is someone who is learning the trade of plumbing. Being a plumbing apprentice is a unique opportunity that combines on-the-job training with time in school. An apprentice develops skills as a plumber, which will eventually qualify him or her to become a fully-paid, professional plumber. Requirements for an Apprentice (Indiana only):
These are the requirements for a plumbing apprentice for completion of the Plumbing Apprenticeship Program, as set by The U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Apprenticeship:
- 7,600 Hours of On-the-Job Training
- 1,900 per year for a four-year period
- 576 Hours of School-Related Training
- 144 hours per year for a four-year period
- R.T. Moore enrolls all apprentices into the program. We make sure our apprentices acquire on the job training hours and attend classes. Join R.T. Moore as an Apprentice and build your future career in the Plumbing and HVAC industry!
Request information about R.T. Moore’s Apprenticeship information.
Benefits (Share in Company Success)
R.T. Moore is committed to its employees. This commitment is embodied in our competitive benefits package, which includes, medical, dental, vision, FSA, short-term disability, voluntary life insurance, long-term disability, and group life insurance. R.T. Moore also offers a 401k plan with a company match and profit sharing contribution.
Together, these benefits help protect employees and their dependents while giving them tax-advantaged ways to save for retirement and establish long-term financial security. It’s a package of quality programs specifically designed to meet the unique needs of each individual in our organization.
R.T. Moore Hiring Process – Your Steps to Success.
- Apply – Search and apply for jobs and learn more about R.T. Moore and our people
- Assessment – Everyone has unique skills and talents. We use assessments to uncover your unique skills and abilities.
Predictive Index: Assesses your background, experience, interest, and work-related attitudes and measures your compatibility against R.T. Moore competencies for successful job performance
Wonderlic: Measures your raw processing power and ability to learn and comprehend
- Phone Screen – Helps us assess your qualifications and fit for the opportunity
- Initial Interview – Talk with the hiring manager so we can learn more about the job and each other
- Your offer and your future!